Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Qualifying Test 1B: Odor 2: Day2 BCM


 GOAL:
Establish scent viability

TESTING PROTOCOL:
Sample condition: test at room temp; refrigerate to preserve

BASELINE:  3 successive trials of 90%+ conducted on 2 subsequent sets




DOG ID #
6
TEST DATE
? ? ?
TEST
Qualifying Test 1B: Odor 2  
Alone on Wheel
DONOR ID #

ORIGIN

SCENT TYPE (saliva/spit/sweat/other
Odor 2:  Sage
SEIZURE TYPE

DATE of CAPTURE
      9/24/13
TIME of CAPTURE (before/during/after)

SAMPLE STATE (cotton/gauze pad/clothing/other
        Q tip
STORAGE CONTAINER (covered test tube/double bagged))
 left in shaker   double bag
SAMPLE CONDITION (frozen/refrigerated/room temp/other)
  Room Temp
SAMPLE ID
AGE when USED
Sample 2 ??
Day 2
MEDICATIONS

SAMPLE SUMMARY
tested @ room temp; stored @room temperature double baged
SAMPLE SUMMARY & DIFFERENCES
tested at 1100

       tested at 1400
INTENSITY (# of holes
          11 equal size
           11 equal size
CONTAINER TYPE
glass cheese shaker
glass cheese shaker
PRESENTATION (hand/surface/wheel)
                wheel
                wheel
# of CONTAINERS
      6
      6
      6
       6
      6
       6
# of SCENT OPTIONS
1
1
1
1
1
1
REPS
      10
      10
      10
      10
      10
     10
% SUCCESS
   100%
  100%
    100%
    100%
   100%
 100%
COMMENTS
*1
*2
*3
*4
*5
*6
TARGET in #
#6,1,5,2,4,3,1,6,5,2
   #4
   #2
# 2,5,6,1,3,4,2,5,1,6
   #  1
    #5
EASE OF FIND
1 Very easy     2 Easy
  3 Normal
4 Difficult     5 Very difficult
1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1
1
1
1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1
1
1
TIME
12 minutes for the entire 3 sets


14 minutes for the entire 3 sets




BASELINE CRITERIA MET:  (Date) 9/25/13

VIDEOS/COMMENTS:
 The second set of three took a bit longer because I had d0g sit and wait while I changed shaker and cans.  in the first three sets he just stood and waited.  

*1  I did not rotate the wheel but changed the scent each time putting it in a different can
*2  The scent remained in the same can  # 4, but I rotated the wheel after each fine.  dog  remained in the      
     room
*3  I changed the scent to can #2 and dog left the room after each find and before I rotated the wheel
*4  This was done the same as *1 placing the scent in a different can after each find.  Also I had dog sit and   
     wait as I changed cans.  
*5  Scent was in can # 1  and wheel rotated after each find.
*6  Scent in can #, dog left the room before the wheel was rotated

2 comments:

  1. Cathy, I like that you have added the TIME of DAY that each test was run. I think this would be good for all of us to include.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is important to record the time of each individual set instead of each session. When Rooster (or any dog) runs into testing challenges,and they all do at some point, is when the time data becomes important and takes on significance. It is important that you now begin videoing the sessions as well. Actual studies have blind evaluators participating. The video camera is our only blind observor.

    ReplyDelete