GOAL:
Establish scent viability
TESTING PROTOCOL:
Sample condition: test at room temp; refrigerate to preserve
BASELINE: 3 successive trials of 90%+ conducted on 2 subsequent sets
DOG ID #
|
6
|
TEST DATE
|
9/29/2013
|
|||
TEST
|
Test IC: wheel w/ variables
|
|||||
DONOR ID #
|
ORIGIN
|
|||||
SCENT TYPE (saliva/spit/sweat/other
|
Odor 1: Sage
|
SEIZURE TYPE
|
||||
DATE of CAPTURE
|
9/24/2013
|
TIME of CAPTURE (before/during/after)
|
||||
SAMPLE STATE (cotton/gauze pad/clothing/other
|
Q tipT
| |||||
Room Temp
|
SAMPLE ID
AGE when USED
|
Sample 1
Day 6
|
||||
MEDICATIONS
|
||||||
SAMPLE SUMMARY
|
tested @ roomt temp; stored double bagged
|
|||||
SAMPLE SUMMARY & DIFFERENCES
|
test done at 900AM
|
test done at 1700
|
||||
INTENSITY (# of holes
|
11
|
11
|
||||
CONTAINER TYPE
|
glass cheese shaker
|
glass cheese shaker
|
||||
PRESENTATION (hand/surface/wheel)
|
wheel
|
wheel
|
||||
# of CONTAINERS
|
6
|
6
|
6
|
6
|
6
|
6
|
# of SCENT OPTIONS
|
1
|
1
|
1
|
1
|
1
|
1
|
REPS
|
10
|
10
|
10
|
10
|
10
|
10
|
% SUCCESS
|
100%
|
100%
|
100%
|
100%
|
100%
|
100%
|
COMMENTS
|
*1
|
*2
|
*3
|
*4
|
*5
|
*6
|
TARGET in #
|
4,4,4,4,4,
4,4,4,4,4,
|
1,3,1,3,1,
3,1,3,1,3 |
6,6,6,6,6,
6,6,6,6,6
|
3,6,6,6,2,
2,5,5,5,5
|
alternate
#5,#6
|
5,5,1,1,5,
5,1,1,5,5
|
EASE OF FIND
1 Very easy 2 Easy
3 Normal
4 Difficult 5 Very difficult
|
1,1,1,1,1,
1,1,1,1,1
|
1,1,1,1,1,
1,1,1,1,1
|
1,1,1,1,1,
1,1,1,1,1
|
1,1,1,1,1
,1,1,1,1,1
|
1,1,1,1,1,
1,1,1,1,1
|
1,1,1,1,1
1,1,1,1,1
|
TIME
|
||||||
BASELINE CRITERIA MET: 9/29/2013
VIDEOS/COMMENTS:
I was interested in this test because the scent was 6 days old. I haven't used a sample
that old before. It is the first time I have used a purchased essential oil. As the test showed, there was not problem. I tested in the morning and early evening. There were Q tips in all the shakers.
I was interested in this test because the scent was 6 days old. I haven't used a sample
that old before. It is the first time I have used a purchased essential oil. As the test showed, there was not problem. I tested in the morning and early evening. There were Q tips in all the shakers.
*1 The scent remained in position #4 but the wheel was turned after each find. Dog 6 stayed by the wheel.
*2 I alternated switching the shaker between position #1 and #3 and turned the wheel after each find. When I
switched to the next position I sent Dog 6 from the room and did not turn the wheel.
switched to the next position I sent Dog 6 from the room and did not turn the wheel.
*3 I kept the scent in position #6, sent the dog from the room after each find, and turned the wheel.
*4 I kept the scent in different positions for different #s of finds, turning the wheel after each find, sent the dog
from the room at the change of position but placed the previous position directly in front of the dog when he
returned to the room for the next find in the new position.
it when I changed the position
from the room at the change of position but placed the previous position directly in front of the dog when he
returned to the room for the next find in the new position.
it when I changed the position
*5 I alternated #5 and #6 as the cans were right next to each other, sent the dog from the room after each find
but only turned the wheel after each second find.
but only turned the wheel after each second find.
*6 alternated between positions #5 and #1 with two finds in each position. dog stayed in the room and wheel
was turned after each find.
was turned after each find.
No comments:
Post a Comment