GOAL:
Establish scent viability
TESTING PROTOCOL:
Sample condition: test at room temp; refrigerate to preserve
BASELINE: 3 successive trials of 90%+ conducted on 2 subsequent sets
|
DOG ID #
|
6
|
TEST DATE
|
10/06/2013
|
|||
|
TEST
|
Odor 1C: wheel w/variables
|
|||||
|
DONOR ID #
|
|
ORIGIN
|
|
|||
|
SCENT TYPE (saliva/spit/sweat/other
|
Odor 3: clove
|
SEIZURE TYPE
|
|
|||
|
DATE of CAPTURE
|
10/04/2013
|
TIME of CAPTURE (before/during/after)
|
|
|||
|
SAMPLE STATE (cotton/gauze pad/clothing/other
|
Q tip
|
STORAGE CONTAINER (covered test tube/double bagged))
|
in shaker double bagged
|
|||
|
SAMPLE CONDITION (frozen/refrigerated/room temp/other)
|
Room Temp
|
SAMPLE ID
AGE when USED
|
odor 3
Day 3
|
|||
|
MEDICATIONS
|
|
|||||
|
SAMPLE SUMMARY
|
tested @ roomt temp; stored double bagged
|
|||||
|
SAMPLE SUMMARY & DIFFERENCES
|
tested at 1130
|
tested at 1930
|
||||
|
INTENSITY (# of holes
|
11 same sized
|
11 same sized
|
||||
|
CONTAINER TYPE
|
glass cheese shaker
|
glass cheese shaker
|
||||
|
PRESENTATION (hand/surface/wheel)
|
wheel
|
wheel
|
||||
|
# of CONTAINERS
|
6
|
6
|
6
|
6
|
6
|
6
|
|
# of SCENT OPTIONS
|
1
|
1
|
1
|
1
|
1
|
1
|
|
REPS
|
10
|
10
|
10
|
10
|
10
|
10
|
|
% SUCCESS
|
100%
|
100%
|
100%
|
100%
|
100%
|
100%
|
|
COMMENTS
|
*1
|
*2
|
*3
|
*4
|
*5
|
*6
|
|
TARGET in #
|
1
|
2,4,2,4,2,
4,2,4,2,4
|
6
|
1,3,5,2,4,
6,1,5,2,6
|
1
|
6,6,6,1,1,
1,5,5,5,1
|
|
EASE OF FIND
1 Very easy 2 Easy
3 Normal
4 Difficult 5 Very difficult
|
111111
1111
|
111111
111
|
11111
11111
|
1,1,1,1,1
1,1,1,1,1
|
1,1,1,1,1
1,1,1,1,1
|
1,1,1,1,1
1,1,1,1,1
|
|
TIME
|
1m 30sec
|
4m
45sec
|
1m
53sec
|
5m
39sec
|
2m
9sec
|
3m
2sec
|
BASELINE CRITERIA MET: (Date) 10/06/2013
VIDEOS/COMMENTS:
The clove is really pungent. With the other scents after three days they were noticeably weaker. The clove seems to loose little of its strength. #6 had no problems with the scent. I tested first in the late morning and last in the early evening. I haven't tested at night before, after dinner when the dogs were tired from a day of activity. It doesn't seem to make a difference. Dog 6 really seems to look forward to these sessions. These sessions had shakers in all the cans and Q tips in all the shakers.
*1 I rotated the wheel after each find, had dog 6 sit between finds while I rotated the wheel.
*2 I rotated the wheel after each find sending dog 6 from the room after each find before I changed cans or
rotated the wheel
*3 I sent the dog from the room and rotated the wheel after each find.
*4 I did not rotate the wheel or sent the dog from the room but did have him sit as I changed the target from one
can to the next
*5 After each find I sent the dog from the room before I rotated the wheel
*6 I rotated the wheel after each find and sent the dog from the room when I changed cans.
No comments:
Post a Comment